All of the work was competed for the South Jersey High School football teams. Friday marked the end of the regular season and the NJSIAA playoff matchup is now official.
The start of the games if this Friday night.
Gridiron New Jersey, which compiles the United Power Rankings for the state’s sports governing body, has released its final power rankings and playoff projections.
The playoff games are as follows (home team in bold):
Not public A:
(1) Catholic Bergen, BYE
(2) St. Augustine Prep, BYE
(3) Saint-Joseph (Montreal), BYE
(9) Notre-Dame @ (8) Catholic Donovan
(12) St. John Vianney @ (5) Preparation of Seton Hall
(13) Pope John @ (4) Preparation of Saint Peter
(11) Paul VI @ (6) Don Bosco Prep
(10) Catholic Camden @ (7) Delbarton
Non public B:
(8) Immaculate @ (1) DePaul
(5) Holy Spirit @ (4) Catholic Hudson
(6) Saint Thomas Aquinas @ (3) Saint-Joseph (Hamm.)
(7) Catholic Morris @ (2) Catholic Red Bank
St. Augustine earned a pass as the # 2 seed in the very tough non-public A field. St. Joe’s and Holy Spirit are both in non-public B field and would meet if the two teams advance to the final.
Central, Group 2:
(8) Barnegat @ (1) Raritan
(5) Overbrook @ (4) Hill
(6) Middle Township @ (3) Haddonfield
(7) Bound Brook @ (2) Bernards
In the Central Group II field, Middle twp, sixth seed, will be on the road against Haddonfield.
Central, Group 3:
(8) Crest oak @ (1) Rumson-Fair Haven
(5) Delran @ (4) Township of Burlington
(6) Holmdel @ (3) Manasquan
(7) Triton @ (2) Woodrow Wilson
South, Group 3:
(8) Absegami @ (1) Cedar Creek
(5) Rahway @ (4) Somerville
(6) Ewing @ (3) Delsea
(7) Hopewell Valley @ (2) Wall
In Core Group III, Oakcrest is the No. 8 seed and will face seeded Rumson Fair-Haven.
In the South Group III, we have a local clash in the first round with Absegami facing Cedar Creek.
Central, Group 4:
(8) Hightstown @ (1) Township of Winslow
(5) Timber Creek @ (4) Colts Neck
(6) Clearview @ (3) Lacey
(7) Hammont @ (2) Shawnee
South, Group 4:
(8) Toms River South @ (1) Millville
(5) Center @ (4) Pennsauken
(6) Boro in full ownership @ (3) Long branch
(7) Continent @ (2) Ocean City
In Central Jersey Group IV, Hammonton is the No. 7 seed and will face Shawnee.
The Group IV squad has a squad of home teams, with a formidable side from Millville and an unbeaten side from Ocean City leading the way, which will face rivals Mainland in the first round.
Central, Group 5:
(8) New Brunswick @ (1) Hillsborough
(5) Wiliamstown @ (4) South
(6) East @ (3) North Brunswick
(7) Egg Port @ (2) Cherokee
In Central Jersey Group V, No. 7 seed Egg Harbor Twp will face a team from Cherokee.